TOPSoccer Buddies are very important to this outreach program. We appreciate your dedication and time in volunteering. Your weekly attendance is important to the program and especially for your assigned player; they look forward to coming to TOPSoccer every Saturday.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a TOPSoccer Buddy, here are a few guidelines:
1. You don't need to know anything about soccer, this program is a fun and recreational activity for our special needs players. You help your player through a variety of exercises for walking, jumping, kicking, and following verbal directions.
2. Our season begins with a Buddy Orientation Meeting scheduled for Sunday, January 7, 2018. Meeting is at Sugar Sand Park Field House, meeting will start at 11am. You will be given team assignments, meet your coaches and buddy captain, and pick up your Buddy t-shirt. All Buddies are required to be at this meeting, this includes returning buddies.
3. All games are held at Woodland's University Park on St. Andrews Blvd. On game days all Buddy Captains need to report by 1:30pm to help setup the fields. All Buddies need to report before 2:30pm, and be ready for team meeting at 2:45pm. VERY IMPORTANT: you must check in at Buddy Booth to receive your hours. If you do not check in, you do not receive hours.
4. All buddies and captains are required to wear TOPSoccer shirts and closed toe shoes, otherwise you will not be able to participate for that day. (Insurance rules for the City of Boca Raton.)
5. Buddies and Buddy Captains receive community service hours for both the orientation meeting and game days. At the end of the season, Game Day #9, March 10, 2018; you will receive a letter from SABR/TOPSoccer organization with the number of volunteer hours you earned. You can give this letter to your school.
5. Buddy Captains - you can earn your way to being a terrific leader! Buddy Captains were buddies for 2 years with almost perfect attendance, this shows us that you are dedicated to the TOPSoccer program. Buddy Captains help to setup & take down the equipment on the soccer fields, and they will also guide the buddies assigned to their team in learning the TOPSoccer program and the needs of the players.
6. If a Buddy has low attendance, you will not be accepted into the program the following season. We are looking for dedicated volunteers.